Details of Returning to Swimming
The exciting news is that this post we can tell you all about what to look forward to for the rest of this year.
Whilst it is very positive there are down sides in this case we have two:-
- That Oswestry School facilities will shut down after the 18th December and won’t open up again until Monday 4th January.
- We still unsure what the Shropshire High Tier means for our members who are 18 years old and over.
However the bright side of things is that we have a meaningful program for our members to strive for before we break up for the Christmas period.
- We will be back in the water as of Wednesday 2nd December at Oswestry School within our Covid Squad groups. The session times will remain the same as last time and details of this is all on our ‘Spond App’. If you not on it yet please do sign up to it.
- We will also have the Leisure Centre on the Friday nights on 4th, 11th and 18th December. We will be setting up events like last time, however this time we will see some qualifying events ready for an ‘INTER CLUB SKIN RACES’ which is being sponsored by “Border View Tiles”. There will be prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each skin group categories.
- 21st and 22nd December AM & PM whilst we are unable to swim, Coach Tim will be arranging bookings for an online chat, to allow parents and members to discuss with Tim on their developments, targets and just a general hello to our missed parent spectators.
All details on the above will come out in due course.
Of course with any return to swimming we must ask our members to remember the protocols in place for safeguarding our members, coaches and the local community which are in short:-
- MASK UP (walking to the pool, whilst getting changed and going home)
- BE SWIM READY (Swim costume under clothing)
- LEAVE SHOWER READY (Leave with swim costume on with warm clothing on for Journey home).
- DROP OFF and PICK UP (Please time manage this correctly it is getting very cold and very dark fast so transition to and from the pool needs to be safe and on time.)
*Any issue with the following please consult our covid offices or member of the coaching team.
Thank you all for your support!