Tim grew up in the Wyre Forest District and began his swimming journey whiles working full time within the Leisure Industry.
He became inspired and passionate by the management and aquatic side of the industry which drove him to develop in the extensive courses available to him.
After three years working in leisure, Tim decided to focus fully on a swimming career working as a casual swimming instructor within different swimming schemes with in the Worcestershire area:
- Leading an after school Learn To Swim program at King’s Hawford School (Worcester).
- Supporting Wyre Forest District Council with weekend lessons for disabled adults.
- Co-ordinated a volunteer Learn To Swim program.
- Coached as a volunteer for Wyre Forest Swimming Club.
- Worked as a swimming teacher with D.C Leisure and Freedom Leisure.
During his time with Wyre Forest Swimming Club Tim crossed paths with Coach Alan Bircher who mentored and supported him not only through his Level 3 coaching qualification but also towards his first full time coaching job at Ellesmere College Titans.
From 2013 to present day, Tim has continued working as a swimming coach working as a Head Coach since September 2016 with Wombourne Swimming Club to now Head Coach of Oswestry Otters ASC.
This has also seen Tim being:
- Selected for the West Midlands swimming talented coach program
- Selected to be Skill Coach for the West Midlands Camps
- Selected to be a Coach for the Swim England Talent Program
- Invited to be a coach at the School Games 2016 for Central England
- Selected Head Coach for West Midlands Para-swimming Talent Program
Tim has been very fortunate to have worked with many experience and talented coaches and athletes within the Sport, who have reached the extensive levels of swimming.
It is his passion to ensure he can give any athletes the best opportunity to grow and develop to achieve their goals.
- Level 3 Certificate for Coaching Swimming
- Level 2 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics
- Level 1 Certificate for Synchronised swimming
- Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Swimming- People with Disabilities